Sunday, January 3, 2010

It occurs to me I never really put a whole lot of thought into my titles.

Why is it that I always feel the need to try and post something new whenever I have nothing to say?
Is my subconscious attempting to give me eye cancer by forcing me to stare at a blank document for an hour whilst thinking of something amusing to write? Is that it?
Because if so, that makes quite a good deal of sense, really. My brain seems to always be out to get me.
Ironically enough, though, my brain never seems to stop and think that, "Hmm. Eye cancer is a pretty unpleasant thing. Maybe I shouldn't force this poor little girl with the unfortunate amount of writer's block to stare at that blank screen for an indefinite period of time because it seems like having retinal tumors would probably be a fairly disagreeable experience for her."
So, here I continue to sit, staring at the screen with very little to say besides various vaguely paranoid statements and stories about my bodily organs that are attempting to passive-aggressively murder me.
Therefore, that'll be all the paranoia for this evening, I should think, unless, of course, my liver decides to try and poison my coffe again. We shall see.
Adieu.

3 comments:

Hayden said...

Hmm. Well, I don't know if this is for you or not, but when I don't have anything in particular to write about, I just do a sort of stream of consciousness thing where I just type out things as they cross my mind. I don't know if that's the kind of thing that you want to do on your blog, but I enjoy it as an exercise, and it's a good way to keep your posts regular when there's not much to talk about.

:] said...

That actually sounds like a pretty interesting exercise! I shall have to attempt it sometime. However, contrary to popular opinion, my thoughts are actually fairly normal. "Did I leave the oven on?" etc., so it might be kind of dull.

Hayden said...

Nonsense. People's true, uninhibited thoughts are never dull, in my opinion.