Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer, yes.

Summer is here.
However, unlike any normal person with half a brain and access to an accurate calendar, I do not determine this by the date, but rather by the amount of insects that get into my home.
For instance, this morning, a stink bug fell onto my face, so, therefore, after a fairly reasonable amount of screaming and wild face-clawing, I was able to determine that summer was indeed here.
Although, I still find myself unable to determine whether or not the extra hours I get to sleep in are worth the persistant plethora of pests that parade themselves across my person in the wee hours of the morning.
Who am I kidding, of course it's worth it. It does not make it any less unpleasant when I find myself nose-to-thorax with a hideous insect, though.
Oftentimes, I wonder what makes my house so appealling to insects. With the amount of cats, dogs, and creepy-crawly loathing persons living in this home, you'd think they wouldn't find it to be a very welcoming environment to settle in. In fact, on more than one occasion, my father has been referred to as the Raid-toting Rambo, but yet they still insist on barging their way underneath door cracks and through windows solely for the purpose of crawling my face at night and, after the cats have had their fun with them, leaving their own dead carcasses on the floor for me to sweep up.
I'll never understand it.
So, if anyone who is an insect or perhaps has a talking insect friend (preferably named Raoul or Paulo, because those are awesome names) could provide me with some insight into the bug mind, I'd be much obliged.
All right, that's enough for this evening.
Adieu to all.

No comments: